1. Corsair Says Their PSU is World’s Most Advanced

Corsair Says Their PSU is World’s Most Advanced

Posted by Sam Reynolds — June 5th, 2012

A subpar power supply can be the Achilles heel of any P.C: even the most mighty machine can be brought to its knees with stability issues, or worse, components can fry from voltage irregularities.

Such as there is a market for high end, enthusiast grade, components like motherboards, RAM, and videocards, there is a market for high end PSUs.

Corsair calls their entry into the high end PSU market – the AX1200i – the most advanced on the market owing to its digitally controlled power circuitry which, the company claims, delivers “incredibly stable voltages, and exceptionally low ripple and noise.”

“Corsair has earned a reputation as one of world’s best providers of enthusiast PSUs, and with the AX1200i, we have raised the technology and performance bar far above anything the market has seen,” said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager of the Components Business Unit at Corsair in a statement. “By designing the first DSP-based enthusiast PSU and integrating our unique Corsair Link technology, we can offer enthusiasts a PSU with a matchless combination of performance and customizable features.”

The AX1200i is 80 Plus Platinum certified, which means it is able to deliver up to 92 percent energy efficiency through its +12V rail design. Corsair says users will be able to adjust the speed of the 140mm fan, and be able to switch from the default single +12V rail configuration to a tailored “multi-rail” mode, with the ability to set over current protection set-points on a per-rail basis.

Of course such a beastly PSU comes with a caveat – Corsair attaching an MSRP of $350 to the unit.

2. Re: Corsair Says Their PSU is World’s Most Advanced

AJ Brasil Admin
    Looks like a nice PSU!

Thread Information